Similar to private lessons in structure with less personal instruction.
What Should I Expect?
- 5 minutes: discuss goals and objectives from previous week.
- 5 minutes: discuss progress & identify problems arising from previous week of practice.
- 30 minutes: warm-ups and exercises
- 15 minutes: group repertoire* (usually easy choir arrangements) *may be replaced with further exercises when necessary.
- 5 minutes: identify goals and objectives for upcoming week.
What to bring to your lesson:
- Bottled water
- Pencil with eraser
- Any required sheet music
- Recording device
What to do between lessons:
- Practice; divide your time equally between foundation work, warm-ups and repertoire.
- 30 minutes, 3 times per week
Other General Information:
- Group lesson students are encouraged but not required to participate in quarterly recitals for family and friends and only in group numbers.
- Students should note that fundamentals are the key to all singing and repertoire may be put on hold when further foundational work is needed.