Private Beginning Piano Lessons are offered to students ages 8 and older.
What should I expect?
- 3 minutes: discuss goals and objectives from previous week.
- 10 minutes: discuss progress & identify problems arising from previous week of practice.
- 14 minutes: new repertoire and theory
- 3 minutes: identify goals and objectives for upcoming week.
What to bring to your lesson:
- Piano Book
- Theory Book
- Pencil with eraser
- Recording device
What to do between lessons:
- Practice 10 minutes a day
Other General Information:
- Students should be prepared to learn at least one or two songs bi-weekly depending on progress and level.
- Students should note that fundamentals are the key to playing and repertoire may be put on hold when further foundational work is needed.
- Students are encouraged but not required to participate in quarterly recitals for close family and friends.