Private Voice Lessons are offered to students ages 8 and older.
What should I expect?
- 5 minutes: discuss goals and objectives from previous week.
- 5 minutes: discuss progress & identify problems arising from previous week of practice.
- 15 minutes: warm-ups and exercises
- 30 minutes: repertoire (may be replaced with further exercises when necessary)
- 5 minutes: identify goals and objectives for upcoming week.
What to bring to your lesson:
- Bottled water
- Pencil with eraser
- Any required sheet music
- Recording device
What to do between lessons:
- Practice; divide your time equally between foundation
work, warm-ups and repertoire.
- 30 minutes, 3 times per week
Other General Information:
- Students should be prepared to learn at least one or two songs per every 1 -2 months.
- Students should note that fundamentals are the key to all singing and repertoire may be put on hold when further foundational work is needed.
- Students are encouraged but not required to participate in quarterly recitals for close family and friends.